Gurjun Essential Oil
Gurjun essential oil is an antimicrobial, decongesting oil with historical ties to traditional medicine.
Often used to treat cold and flu symptoms, many have claimed that gurjun oil helps to clear blocked airways due to its refreshing scent. It also has antibacterial and antifungal properties that make it a great cleaning agent.
Gurjun oil has been found to act as an anti-inflammatory on the skin, helping to reduce the appearance of many skin conditions.
Traditionally used to increase the flow of blood around the body, it is still believed by many to promote red blood cell production.
Our 100% Pure Gurjun Balsam Essential Oil has a fresh, woody scent with a gentle sweetness that is both clarifying and relaxing and is clear to pale yellow in colour.
Gurjun oil is extracted via steam distillation from the wood of the gurjun tree, which is native to Indonesia but is now cultivated widely in India, China, Thailand and the Philippines.
You can learn more about gurjun essential oil over on our blog.
Botanical Name: Dipterocarpus Turbinatus
- Aromatherapy: Combine 5-7 drops of the oil with water and add to an oil burner. Alternatively, place 5-7 drops in a diffuser.
- Massage: Dilute 5 drops to 10ml of carrier oil and massage into skin.
- Bath: Add 6-8 drops to warm bathwater.
- Skincare: Add a couple of drops to a carrier oil or your chosen lotion.
- Soap: Suitable for soapmaking. We recommend following a tested recipe.
- Candles: Suitable for candles. We recommend following a tested recipe.
- Potpourri: Add a few drops to potpourri creations to enhance scent.
- FOR EXTERNAL USE ONLY
- Do not apply undiluted to skin.
- Avoid use during pregnancy.
- Keep away from children.
- Store in a cool, dry place.
- Please perform a patch test before use.
- Keep away from eyes.
This natural product cannot be guaranteed free from traces of nuts or other allergens. Due to the nature of this product, there may be variances in colour and scent between batches. We are constantly improving our products and so, on occasion, the product you receive may differ slightly in appearance from images displayed on our website.
The above information is provided in good faith and the given benefits of this essential oil are obtained from characteristics with which it is commonly associated. This information is not based on facts and the benefits of the product may vary between individuals. If unsure, then we advise you to seek professional advice.
- Bottled in the UK.
- Aromatherapy Trade Council Member.
- 100% Pure Natural Essential Oils.
- Ethically Sourced and not tested on animals. Vegan friendly.
- Supplied in quality Amber Glass Bottle, Tamper Evident Lid & Dropper.
- Expiry Date & Batch Codes on labels.
Hobbyist or candle connoisseur? We offer high-quality essential and fragrance oils for businesses of all sizes. Sign up today to check out our business prices.
Free first class UK delivery on orders over £25 (1-3 business days).
Orders over £50 will be sent using DPD Express (1-3 business days).
We will send you tracking information after we have shipped your order. If you have any questions or concerns about your order please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
- JZJerry Z.Verified BuyerI recommend this productRated 5 out of 5 stars8 months agoExited to try this one.
I heard about this essential oil because of its properties that can improve respiratory and skin health. I can't wait to to try it topically blended with carrier oil. So far I use it in diffuser and have to say that scent is lovely spicy, woody and somehow warming. Very happy about this purchase.