Patchouli (Indonesian) Essential Oil
- Insect Repellent
Our pure Indonesian Patchouli is a fragrant, calming scent known for its cleansing and soothing properties as well as its regenerative abilities.
Patchouli essential oil has had a recent boost in popularity due to its extensive use in Hippie culture throughout the 1960s.
Patchouli oil for balancing mood
Patchouli oil for aromatherapy is also said to balance mood, and can even be used as an aphrodisiac as well as an effective insect repellent.
Add 5-7 drops into an oil burner or diffuser to discover this oil's traditional aromatherapy benefits.
You can learn more about patchouli essential oil over on our blog.
Botanical Name: Pogostemon Cablin
What is patchouli essential oil good for?
Patchouli is renowned for its hormone-balancing abilities as well as its positive effects on skincare. It is also a popular pest repellent and can be used to help clean the home.
What's the best way to use patchouli oil?
Add a few drops of patchouli oil to your diffuser for that 60s hippie feel, or combine with a carrier oil for an effective skin cleanser. You can also try adding some patchouli to bug spray to help repel moths, fleas, and ants.
What does patchouli essential oil smell like?
Smokey and earthy with a well-rounded, dark muskiness, patchouli oil is described as a strong yet intoxicating scent.
What blends well with patchouli essential oil?
Our 100% Pure Indonesian Patchouli Essential Oil has a smokey, earthy scent with sweet undertones of musk.
Extracted through steam distillation.
- Aromatherapy: Combine 5-7 drops of the oil with water and add to an oil burner. Alternatively, place 5-7 drops in a diffuser.
- Massage: Dilute 5 drops to 10ml of carrier oil and massage into skin.
- Bath: Add 6-8 drops to warm bathwater.
- Skincare: Add a couple of drops to a carrier oil or your chosen lotion.
- Soap: Suitable for soapmaking. We recommend following a tested recipe.
- Candles: Suitable for candles. We recommend following a tested recipe.
- Potpourri: Add a few drops to potpourri creations to enhance scent.
- FOR EXTERNAL USE ONLY
- Do not apply undiluted to skin.
- Avoid use during pregnancy.
- Keep away from children.
- Store in a cool, dry place.
- Please perform a patch test before use.
- Keep away from eyes.
This natural product cannot be guaranteed free from traces of nuts or other allergens. Due to the nature of this product, there may be variances in colour and scent between batches. We are constantly improving our products and so, on occasion, the product you receive may differ slightly in appearance from images displayed on our website.
The above information is provided in good faith and the given benefits of this essential oil are obtained from characteristics with which it is commonly associated. This information is not based on facts and the benefits of the product may vary between individuals. If unsure, then we advise you to seek professional advice.
- Bottled in the UK.
- Aromatherapy Trade Council Member.
- 100% Pure Natural Essential Oils.
- Ethically Sourced and not tested on animals. Vegan friendly.
- Supplied in quality Amber Glass Bottle, Tamper Evident Lid & Dropper.
- Expiry Date & Batch Codes on labels.
Hobbyist or candle connoisseur? We offer high-quality essential and fragrance oils for businesses of all sizes. Sign up today to check out our business prices.
Free first class UK delivery on orders over £25 (1-3 business days).
Orders over £50 will be sent using DPD Express (1-3 business days).
We will send you tracking information after we have shipped your order. If you have any questions or concerns about your order please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
- ABAlex B.Verified BuyerI recommend this productRated 5 out of 5 stars3 hours agoPatchouli
Very good 😊
- LWLes W.Verified BuyerI recommend this productRated 5 out of 5 stars1 week ago5 Stars, just like off the indian market stalls in the 1970's
As above. Very quick delivery and communication with updates. Quality and genuine Patchouli Oil.
- SKSharon K.Verified BuyerI recommend this productRated 5 out of 5 stars2 weeks agoLove it :)
I have always wore Patchouli, since the 1970's, this is the best oil yet, only need a tiny wee bit, and it lasts forever. Very pleased. Thanks
- KNKathrine N.Verified BuyerI recommend this productRated 5 out of 5 stars2 weeks agotherapeutic aroma’s
excellent product. Great aroma and benefits
- SBSusanne B.Verified BuyerI recommend this productRated 5 out of 5 stars1 month agoPerfect
At last an authentic patchouli. I’ve been buying patchouli for 40 years and recently it’s been difficult to find the real stuff. It’s all been so diluted as to be useless. Please keep it as it is! I can fully recommend this beautiful dark and strong patchouli.