Patchouli (Indonesian) Essential Oil
- Insect Repellent
Our pure Indonesian Patchouli is a fragrant, calming scent known for its cleansing and soothing properties as well as its regenerative abilities.
Patchouli essential oil has had a recent boost in popularity due to its extensive use in Hippie culture throughout the 1960s.
Patchouli oil for aromatherapy is also said to balance mood, and can even be used as an aphrodisiac as well as an effective insect repellent.
Add 5-7 drops into an oil burner or diffuser to discover this oil's traditional aromatherapy benefits.
You can learn more about patchouli essential oil over on our blog.
Botanical Name: Pogostemon Cablin
Our 100% Pure Indonesian Patchouli Essential Oil has a smokey, earthy scent with sweet undertones of musk.
Extracted through steam distillation.
HistoryIt's been said that Tutankhamun was so fond of patchouli oil that he was buried with ten gallons of it. Patchouli was associated so strongly with Eastern fabrics in the 1800s that its scent was often used to prove that a fabric was authentic.
- Aromatherapy: Combine 5-7 drops of the oil with water and add to an oil burner. Alternatively, place 5-7 drops in a diffuser.
- Massage: Dilute 5 drops to 10ml of carrier oil and massage into skin.
- Bath: Add 6-8 drops to warm bathwater.
- Skincare: Add a couple of drops to a carrier oil or your chosen lotion.
- Soap: Suitable for soapmaking. We recommend following a tested recipe.
- Candles: Suitable for candles. We recommend following a tested recipe.
- Potpourri: Add a few drops to potpourri creations to enhance scent.
- FOR EXTERNAL USE ONLY
- Do not apply undiluted to skin.
- Avoid use during pregnancy.
- Keep away from children.
- Store in a cool, dry place.
- Please perform a patch test before use.
- Keep away from eyes.
This natural product cannot be guaranteed free from traces of nuts or other allergens. Due to the nature of this product, there may be variances in colour and scent between batches. We are constantly improving our products and so, on occasion, the product you receive may differ slightly in appearance from images displayed on our website.
The above information is provided in good faith and the given benefits of this essential oil are obtained from characteristics with which it is commonly associated. This information is not based on facts and the benefits of the product may vary between individuals. If unsure, then we advise you to seek professional advice.
- Bottled in the UK.
- Aromatherapy Trade Council Member.
- 100% Pure Natural Essential Oils.
- Ethically Sourced and not tested on animals. Vegan friendly.
- Supplied in quality Amber Glass Bottle, Tamper Evident Lid & Dropper.
- Expiry Date & Batch Codes on labels.
- MSDS / COA and GC available on request.