Frankincense Serrata (Indian) Essential Oil
- SKIN CLEANSER
Capture the scent of one of the oldest and most prized incenses in history.
Said to be the type of frankincense given to Jesus in the Bible, Frankincense Serrata has a distinctly luxurious aroma: smooth, velvety and all around exquisite.
Frankincense essential oil is commonly used for its brightening, immune-boosting effects, helping to promote health and positivity in the colder months.
Frankincense oil for skin
Frankincense oil also has beautifying effects on the skin, reducing signs of aging, and is said to help relieve gastric distress.
You can learn more about frankincense essential oil over on our blog.
What is frankincense essential oil good for?
Frankincense oil is well-loved for its ability to lift low moods and encourage positive emotions. It’s also useful for boosting immunity, improving the appearance of skin, and aiding digestion.
What's the best way to use frankincense oil?
Using an electric diffuser to spread the scent of frankincense around your home is a great way to experience its wellness benefits. You can also combine it with a carrier oil and use it as an all-natural skin cleanser.
What does frankincense essential oil smell like?
Frankincense oil has a smooth and woody aroma with notes of citrus, pine, and balsam.
What blends well with frankincense essential oil?
Can frankincense be used in mouth?
While some sources claim that frankincense can have health benefits for the mouth, internal use is never recommended with pure essential oils as they can be extremely potent.
Is frankincense good for infections?
One of the strongest benefits of frankincense is its ability to help clear infections, thanks to the strong antibacterial properties of the oil.
How do you use frankincense oil under your tongue?
While there are many frankincense oil uses that are safe, internal use of any kind is not recommended. If you do wish to take frankincense internally, a frankincense extract may be a better option.
Our 100% Pure Frankincense Serrata (Indian) Essential Oil has a smooth, woody scent with bright notes of fresh lemon and pine.
One of the three main species of frankincense, serrata is almost identical in benefits to Frankincense Frereana and Frankincense Carterii, only differing slightly in scent. This oil is a light golden-brown in colour.
Botanical Name: Boswellia Serrata
- Aromatherapy: Combine 5-7 drops of the oil with water and add to an oil burner. Alternatively, place 5-7 drops in a diffuser.
- Massage: Dilute 5 drops to 10ml of carrier oil and massage into skin.
- Bath: Add 6-8 drops to warm bathwater.
- Skincare: Add a couple of drops to a carrier oil or your chosen lotion.
- Soap: Suitable for soapmaking. We recommend following a tested recipe.
- Candles: Suitable for candles. We recommend following a tested recipe.
- Potpourri: Add a few drops to potpourri creations to enhance scent.
- FOR EXTERNAL USE ONLY
- Do not apply undiluted to skin.
- Avoid use during pregnancy.
- Keep away from children.
- Store in a cool, dry place.
- Please perform a patch test before use.
- Keep away from eyes.
This natural product cannot be guaranteed free from traces of nuts or other allergens. Due to the nature of this product, there may be variances in colour and scent between batches. We are constantly improving our products and so, on occasion, the product you receive may differ slightly in appearance from images displayed on our website.
The above information is provided in good faith and the given benefits of this essential oil are obtained from characteristics with which it is commonly associated. This information is not based on facts and the benefits of the product may vary between individuals. If unsure, then we advise you to seek professional advice.
- Bottled in the UK.
- Aromatherapy Trade Council Member.
- 100% Pure Natural Essential Oils.
- Ethically Sourced and not tested on animals. Vegan friendly.
- Supplied in quality Amber Glass Bottle, Tamper Evident Lid & Dropper.
- Expiry Date & Batch Codes on labels.
Hobbyist or candle connoisseur? We offer high-quality essential and fragrance oils for businesses of all sizes. Sign up today to check out our business prices.
Free first class UK delivery on orders over £25 (1-3 business days).
Orders over £50 will be sent using DPD Express (1-3 business days).
We will send you tracking information after we have shipped your order. If you have any questions or concerns about your order please contact email@example.com
- BWBarbara W.Verified BuyerI recommend this productRated 5 out of 5 stars3 months agoVery sensual
Such a lovely deep sensual fragrance.
I liked this very much , and add a few drops to my diffuser.
Even the Hubby liked it.
- TMTrisha M.Verified BuyerI recommend this productRated 5 out of 5 stars4 months agoGreat oils!!
Really like the quality.
- EHEmma H.Verified BuyerI recommend this productRated 5 out of 5 stars4 months agoFrankincense oil
Absolutely beautiful oil and excellent quality
- TPToni P.Verified BuyerI recommend this productRated 5 out of 5 stars4 months agoNice
- MLmandy l.Verified BuyerI recommend this productRated 5 out of 5 stars4 months agofrankincense serrata
great oil very happy thank you