Clary Sage Essential Oil
Clary sage oil has been in use since ancient times. Regarded as a miracle ‘cure-all’ for a range of diseases, infections and mental conditions, the plant is valuable in many systems of medicine throughout history.
These days it is most commonly used to relieve and manage stress, cleanse the skin, and fight infections. Known as ‘the women’s oil’, it is an especially popular remedy for menstrual symptoms such as period pain and mood swings.
Our clary sage oil has a sweet, floral scent and is pale yellow to colourless.
You can learn more about clary sage essential oil over on our blog.
Botanical Name: Salvia Sclarea
What is clary sage essential oil good for?
Known as the “woman’s oil”, clary sage has earned massive credibility as a remedy for menstrual cramps as well as unbalanced hormones. It is also widely used as a stress reliever and can help with skin inflammation too.
What's the best way to use clary sage oil?
Clary sage is a great oil for topical applications. Combine with a carrier oil of your choice and use for sore muscles, cramps, and skincare. You can also add clary sage to your diffuser for a relaxing, floral aroma.
What does clary sage essential oil smell like?
Clary sage is classed as a predominantly floral oil with earthy undertones and mild herbaceous notes.
What blends well with clary sage essential oil?
Clary sage oil blends well with floral oils like lavender and geranium, as well as scents like bergamot, cedarwood, lime, and patchouli.
The oil is extracted via steam distillation from the clary sage plant, which is native to the northern Mediterranean as well as some areas of North Africa and Central Asia.
Mentioned all the way back in the 4th century BCE by Greek philosopher Theophrastus, by the 1st century CE clary sage was a popular medicinal remedy spoken of highly by Pliny the Elder.
In the Middle Ages, clary sage earned the nickname 'the Eye of Christ' because of its seemingly miraculous healing properties.
- Aromatherapy: Combine 5-7 drops of the oil with water and add to an oil burner. Alternatively, place 5-7 drops in a diffuser.
- Massage: Dilute 5 drops to 10ml of carrier oil and massage into skin.
- Bath: Add 6-8 drops to warm bathwater.
- Skincare: Add a couple of drops to a carrier oil or your chosen lotion.
- Soap: Suitable for soapmaking. We recommend following a tested recipe.
- Candles: Suitable for candles. We recommend following a tested recipe.
- Potpourri: Add a few drops to potpourri creations to enhance scent.
- FOR EXTERNAL USE ONLY
- Do not apply undiluted to skin.
- Avoid use during pregnancy.
- Keep away from children.
- Store in a cool, dry place.
- Please perform a patch test before use.
- Keep away from eyes.
This natural product cannot be guaranteed free from traces of nuts or other allergens. Due to the nature of this product, there may be variances in colour and scent between batches.
We are constantly improving our products and so, on occasion, the product you receive may differ slightly in appearance from images displayed on our website.
The above information is provided in good faith and the given benefits of this essential oil are obtained from characteristics with which it is commonly associated.
This information is not based on facts and the benefits of the product may vary between individuals. If unsure, then we advise you to seek professional advice.
- Bottled in the UK.
- Aromatherapy Trade Council Member.
- 100% Pure Natural Essential Oils.
- Ethically Sourced and not tested on animals. Vegan friendly.
- Supplied in quality Amber Glass Bottle, Tamper Evident Lid & Dropper.
- Expiry Date & Batch Codes on labels.