Bergamot Essential Oil
Extracted from the offspring of a lemon and a sour orange, bergamot oil has roots in both Southeast Asia and Italian folk medicine.
Bergamot oil for lifting mood
Like other citrus oils it is known to be energising and uplifting, helping to dispel low moods and reduce symptoms of anxiety. Bergamot is recognised for its balancing effect, cancelling out disproportionate emotions and helping us feel content and emotionally stable.
You can learn more about bergamot essential oil over on our blog.
What is bergamot essential oil good for?
Bergamot oil is famed for its ability to uplift low moods, calm worries, and encourage a positive attitude. It’s also great for relieving muscle tension thanks to its anti-inflammatory and anticonvulsant properties.
What's the best way to use bergamot oil?
Many people like to use an electric diffuser to spread the scents of bergamot oil around their home. You can also try performing a restorative massage by combining bergamot with a carrier oil.
What does bergamot essential oil smell like?
Bergamot oil is classed as a refreshing, citrusy aroma that is similar to the scent of lemons. It also contains a roundness of orange notes with light floral and herbaceous undertones.
What blends well with bergamot essential oil?
Our 100% Pure Bergamot Essential Oil has a pleasantly fresh, lemony scent and is pale green in colour. This oil is cold-pressed, so we cannot advise applying it topically - if you want to use bergamot oil on your skin, then we recommend trying our 100% Pure Bergamot FCF Essential Oil instead.
Botanical Name: Citrus Bergamia
- Aromatherapy: Combine 5-7 drops of the oil with water and add to an oil burner. Alternatively, place 5-7 drops in a diffuser.
- Massage: Dilute 5 drops to 10ml of carrier oil and massage into skin.
- Bath: Add 6-8 drops to warm bathwater.
- Skincare: Add a couple of drops to a carrier oil or your chosen lotion.
- Soap: Suitable for soapmaking. We recommend following a tested recipe.
- Candles: Suitable for candles. We recommend following a tested recipe.
- Potpourri: Add a few drops to potpourri creations to enhance scent.
- FOR EXTERNAL USE ONLY
- Do not apply undiluted to skin.
- Avoid use during pregnancy.
- Keep away from children.
- Store in a cool, dry place.
- Please perform a patch test before use.
- Keep away from eyes.
This natural product cannot be guaranteed free from traces of nuts or other allergens. Due to the nature of this product, there may be variances in colour and scent between batches. We are constantly improving our products and so, on occasion, the product you receive may differ slightly in appearance from images displayed on our website.
The above information is provided in good faith and the given benefits of this essential oil are obtained from characteristics with which it is commonly associated. This information is not based on facts and the benefits of the product may vary between individuals. If unsure, then we advise you to seek professional advice.
- Bottled in the UK.
- Aromatherapy Trade Council Member.
- 100% Pure Natural Essential Oils.
- Ethically Sourced and not tested on animals. Vegan friendly.
- Supplied in quality Amber Glass Bottle, Tamper Evident Lid & Dropper.
- Expiry Date & Batch Codes on labels.
Hobbyist or candle connoisseur? We offer high-quality essential and fragrance oils for businesses of all sizes. Sign up today to check out our business prices.
Free first class UK delivery on orders over £25 (1-3 business days).
Orders over £50 will be sent using DPD Express (1-3 business days).
We will send you tracking information after we have shipped your order. If you have any questions or concerns about your order please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
- Steam Distilled
- Cruelty Free
- SLsharon l.Verified BuyerI recommend this productRated 5 out of 5 stars1 week agoBeautiful fresh fragrance
Another beautiful essential oil, love the quality of your oils
- LPLisa P.Verified BuyerI recommend this productRated 5 out of 5 stars1 week agoBergamot
One of my favs, great product and service
- KNKathrine N.Verified BuyerI recommend this productRated 5 out of 5 stars2 weeks agotherapeutic aroma’s
Fresh and gentle
- AMAgnieszka M.Verified BuyerI recommend this productRated 5 out of 5 stars1 month agoBeautiful smell
Love Nikura essential oils, they are exactly as they supposed to smell
- CRCharlotte R.Verified BuyerI recommend this productRated 5 out of 5 stars2 months agoSmells Devine
I really love this site and get all my essential oils from
Here … easy to mix them up to create your very own unique fragrances