Wintergreen Essential Oil
WARNING: Please be aware that wintergreen oil has been known to stain surfaces due to its powerful colour and therefore should be used sparingly. We would always recommend a patch test before use. We accept no liability for product stains.
Wintergreen essential oil is extracted via steam distillation from the leaves of the wintergreen herb. It is deep red in colour and is extracted via steam distillation of the leaves of the wintergreen herb.
Wintergreen essential oil possesses a strong, clear aroma similar to that of tiger balm. In fact the reason for this similarity is that Wintergreen oil is actually often used as a core ingredient for tiger balm, and therefore shares a lot of the same properties.
Wintergreen oil is commonly used in massage as it creates a warming and soothing effect. This is because Wintergreen essential oil contains compounds that sooth muscle and joint aches. It is also frequently used in baths to create a relaxing, calming aroma.
Botanical Name: Gaultheria Procumbens
- Aromatherapy: Combine 5-7 drops of the oil with water and add to an oil burner. Alternatively, place 5-7 drops in a diffuser.
- Massage: Dilute 5 drops to 10ml of carrier oil and massage into skin.
- Bath: Add 6-8 drops to warm bathwater.
- Skincare: Add a couple of drops to a carrier oil or your chosen lotion.
- Soap: Suitable for soapmaking. We recommend following a tested recipe.
- Candles: Suitable for candles. We recommend following a tested recipe.
- Potpourri: Add a few drops to potpourri creations to enhance scent.
- FOR EXTERNAL USE EARLY
- Do not apply undiluted to skin.
- Avoid use during pregnancy.
- Keep away from children.
- Store in a cool, dry place.
- Please perform a patch test before use.
- Keep away from eyes.
This natural product cannot be guaranteed free from traces of nuts or other allergens. Due to the nature of this product, there may be variances in colour and scent between batches. We are constantly improving our products and so, on occasion, the product you receive may differ slightly in appearance from images displayed on our website.
The above information is provided in good faith and the given benefits of this essential oil are obtained from characteristics with which it is commonly associated. This information is not based on facts and the benefits of the product may vary between individuals. If unsure, then we advise you to seek professional advice.
- Proudly blended by hand and bottled in the UK.
- Aromatherapy Trade Council Member.
- 100% Pure Natural Essential Oils.
- Ethically Sourced and not tested on animals. Vegan friendly.
- Supplied in quality Amber Glass Bottle, Tamper Evident Lid & Dropper.
- Expiry Date & Batch Codes on labels.
- MSDS / COA and GC available on request.