Thyme (White) Essential Oil
- SKIN CLEANSER
Ancient thyme has an extensive medical history, dating back to some of the world’s oldest medical documents.
Thyme essential oil has healing properties that have been revered by many civilisations over the years, and it is still used today to protect health and prevent illness.
Thyme oil has strong antibacterial and antioxidant properties, allowing it to fight infections and toxins in the body. It is often sprayed or diffused in the home to promote good hygiene.
Its deeply cleansing, and anti-ageing properties make it an effective skin tonic.
Thyme oil is also said to have a balancing effect on hormones, regulating mood and even helping to relieve symptoms of menopause.
You can learn more about thyme essential oil and its history over on our blog.
What are the therapeutic properties of white thyme essential oil?
Thyme oil has many benefits for the body and mind, including balancing hormones, providing respiratory relief, and preventing hair loss. It is also an effective cleaning agent and antioxidant for the skin.
How can white thyme essential oil be used in skincare?
Once diluted with a carrier oil, thyme oil can deeply cleanse the pores and protect the skin from bacterial infection. It is also known to have an anti-ageing effect.
Is white thyme essential oil safe for use during pregnancy?
Always consult with your doctor before using any essential oils during pregnancy.
Our 100% Pure Thyme (White) Essential Oil is a further distilled version of red thyme oil and, as such, is less potent and gentler on the skin.
It has a pale yellow colour and is warm, herbaceous and faintly spicy in scent. This oil is extracted via steam distillation from the thyme herb, native to Southern Europe.
Botanical Name: Thymus Vulgaris
- Aromatherapy: Combine 5-7 drops of the oil with water and add to an oil burner. Alternatively, place 5-7 drops in a diffuser.
- Massage: Dilute 5 drops to 10ml of carrier oil and massage into skin.
- Bath: Add 6-8 drops to warm bathwater.
- Skincare: Add a couple of drops to a carrier oil or your chosen lotion.
- Soap: Suitable for soapmaking. We recommend following a tested recipe.
- Candles: Suitable for candles. We recommend following a tested recipe.
- Potpourri: Add a few drops to potpourri creations to enhance scent.
- FOR EXTERNAL USE ONLY
- Do not apply undiluted to skin.
- Avoid use during pregnancy.
- Keep away from children.
- Store in a cool, dry place.
- Please perform a patch test before use.
- Keep away from eyes.
This natural product cannot be guaranteed free from traces of nuts or other allergens. Due to the nature of this product, there may be variances in colour and scent between batches. We are constantly improving our products and so, on occasion, the product you receive may differ slightly in appearance from images displayed on our website.
The above information is provided in good faith and the given benefits of this essential oil are obtained from characteristics with which it is commonly associated. This information is not based on facts and the benefits of the product may vary between individuals. If unsure, then we advise you to seek professional advice.
- Bottled in the UK.
- Aromatherapy Trade Council Member.
- 100% Pure Natural Essential Oils.
- Ethically Sourced and not tested on animals. Vegan friendly.
- Supplied in quality Amber Glass Bottle, Tamper Evident Lid & Dropper.
- Expiry Date & Batch Codes on labels.
Hobbyist or candle connoisseur? We offer high-quality essential and fragrance oils for businesses of all sizes. Sign up today to check out our business prices.
Free first class UK delivery on orders over £30 (1-3 business days).
Orders over £50 will be sent using DPD Express (1-3 business days).
We will send you tracking information after we have shipped your order. If you have any questions or concerns about your order please contact email@example.com
- PHPoppy H.Verified BuyerI recommend this productRated 5 out of 5 stars1 month agoGreat
Didn't come in the bundle set I purchased so got this one on its own
- PGPauline G.Verified BuyerI recommend this productRated 5 out of 5 stars5 months agoThyme ( White) Essential Oil
Fabulous fragrance and a good value purchase from Nikura