Hyssop Essential Oil
- CLEANING AGENT
Renowned for its powerful cleansing properties, hyssop has been associated with purity since Biblical times.
Hyssop essential oil is often used to help treat respiratory conditions as well as protect the body from pain and illness, and can help relieve cough symptoms by controlling spasms in the chest.
Hyssop oil can naturally fight infections, making it a great natural cleaning agent. It is also a highly soothing oil, able to cleanse irritations on the skin and calm inflamed muscles.
You can learn more about hyssop essential oil and its history over on our blog.
What is the scent of hyssop essential oil?
Our hyssop oil combines gentle floral notes with herbaceous undertones and hints of spices.
What are the potential health benefits of using hyssop essential oil?
The benefits of hyssop oil include aiding respiratory conditions, fighting infections, relieving muscle pain, and rejuvenating skin.
How can I use hyssop essential oil in aromatherapy?
Add a few drops of hyssop oil to your diffuser or oil burner for a refreshing yet relaxing aroma. You can also combine this oil with a carrier oil for topical use.
Our 100% Pure Hyssop Essential Oil has a sweet, refreshing floral scent with notes of herbs and just a hint of mint. This oil is clear to pale yellow in colour.
Hyssop oil is extracted from the hyssop plant's leaves and flowers, which is native to Southern Europe and the Middle East.
Botanical Name: Hyssopus Officinalis L.
- Aromatherapy: Combine 5-7 drops of the oil with water and add to an oil burner. Alternatively, place 5-7 drops in a diffuser.
- Massage: Dilute 5 drops to 10ml of carrier oil and massage into skin.
- Bath: Add 6-8 drops to warm bathwater.
- Skincare: Add a couple of drops to a carrier oil or your chosen lotion.
- Soap: Suitable for soapmaking. We recommend following a tested recipe.
- Candles: Suitable for candles. We recommend following a tested recipe.
- Potpourri: Add a few drops to potpourri creations to enhance scent.
- FOR EXTERNAL USE ONLY
- Do not apply undiluted to skin.
- Avoid use during pregnancy.
- Keep away from children.
- Store in a cool, dry place.
- Please perform a patch test before use.
- Keep away from eyes.
This natural product cannot be guaranteed free from traces of nuts or other allergens. Due to the nature of this product, there may be variances in colour and scent between batches. We are constantly improving our products and so, on occasion, the product you receive may differ slightly in appearance from images displayed on our website.
The above information is provided in good faith and the given benefits of this essential oil are obtained from characteristics with which it is commonly associated. This information is not based on facts and the benefits of the product may vary between individuals. If unsure, then we advise you to seek professional advice.
- Bottled in the UK.
- Aromatherapy Trade Council Member.
- 100% Pure Natural Essential Oils.
- Ethically Sourced and not tested on animals. Vegan friendly.
- Supplied in quality Amber Glass Bottle, Tamper Evident Lid & Dropper.
- Expiry Date & Batch Codes on labels.
Hobbyist or candle connoisseur? We offer high-quality essential and fragrance oils for businesses of all sizes. Sign up today to check out our business prices.
Free first class UK delivery on orders over £25 (1-3 business days).
Orders over £50 will be sent using DPD Express (1-3 business days).
We will send you tracking information after we have shipped your order. If you have any questions or concerns about your order please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
- THTaneesha H.Verified BuyerI recommend this productRated 5 out of 5 stars4 months agoLovely.
This was my first time trying hyssop and love the subtle yet sweet smell it has.
- JZJerry Z.Verified BuyerI recommend this productRated 5 out of 5 stars8 months agoLow dosage only
I am using this oil in very low dosage as it is very potent oil. I like this oil for sweet, warm and penetrating aroma. I am using this oil mainly in diffuser to boost my alertness and clarity while working online. I do not blend this oil in my practice due to its potent properties. You should not use it especially if you suffer from epilepsy or high blood pressure. In folklore Hyssop was used for cleansing in times of plague, leprosy and chest ailments. Leaves were often placed on would for apparently rapid healing. You can blend this oil for diffuser with: Lavender, Melissa, Orange, Rosemary or Tangerine essential oils. This is great price for this oil.