Ravensara Essential Oil
Named from a Malagasy phrase meaning ‘leaves that are good for you’, ravensara has been used extensively in traditional Madagascan medicine for its numerous healing and protective properties. It has strong antibacterial and antiviral abilities, helping to protect our bodies from infection, and is also an antioxidant, preventing oxidative damage to cells. Ravensara oil is even thought to reduce the severity of allergic reactions and help to build up resistance. An uplifting oil, it is said to inspire positivity and ease stress.
Our 100% Pure Ravensara Essential Oil has a fresh, herbal scent with a camphorous smell often compared to that of eucalyptus. It is extracted via steam distillation from the leaves of the ravensara tree, a large rainforest tree native to Madagascar.
You can learn more about ravensara essential oil over on our blog.
Botanical Name: Ravensara Aromatica
- Aromatherapy: Combine 5-7 drops of the oil with water and add to an oil burner. Alternatively, place 5-7 drops in a diffuser.
- Massage: Dilute 5 drops to 10ml of carrier oil and massage into skin.
- Bath: Add 6-8 drops to warm bathwater.
- Skincare: Add a couple of drops to a carrier oil or your chosen lotion.
- Soap: Suitable for soapmaking. We recommend following a tested recipe.
- Candles: Suitable for candles. We recommend following a tested recipe.
- Potpourri: Add a few drops to potpourri creations to enhance scent.
- FOR EXTERNAL USE ONLY
- Do not apply undiluted to skin.
- Avoid use during pregnancy.
- Keep away from children.
- Store in a cool, dry place.
- Please perform a patch test before use.
- Keep away from eyes.
This natural product cannot be guaranteed free from traces of nuts or other allergens. Due to the nature of this product, there may be variances in colour and scent between batches. We are constantly improving our products and so, on occasion, the product you receive may differ slightly in appearance from images displayed on our website.
The above information is provided in good faith and the given benefits of this essential oil are obtained from characteristics with which it is commonly associated. This information is not based on facts and the benefits of the product may vary between individuals. If unsure, then we advise you to seek professional advice.
- Bottled in the UK.
- Aromatherapy Trade Council Member.
- 100% Pure Natural Essential Oils.
- Ethically Sourced and not tested on animals. Vegan friendly.
- Supplied in quality Amber Glass Bottle, Tamper Evident Lid & Dropper.
- Expiry Date & Batch Codes on labels.
- MSDS / COA and GC available on request.