Aniseed (Anise) Essential Oil
The scent of aniseed essential oil is best known for its similarity to liquorice, and is often compared to that of star anise or fennel. In actual fact, aniseed is much closer related to plants such as parsley and celery.
Aniseed oil is a highly antibacterial and antifungal oil, with special benefits for skin. It is also a great home cleaning product.
Aniseed oil is known to positively affect our hormones, boosting low mood with a brightening effect. It has even been used as a home remedy for the hot flashes accompanying menopause.
Can aniseed anise essential oil be used for digestive issues?
Aniseed oil may be applied topically using a carrier oil to help relieve abdominal pain. It should not, however, be taken internally for digestive relief.
Is aniseed anise essential oil safe for use during pregnancy?
Aniseed oil is not recommended for use during pregnancy. Always consult with your doctor before implementing any essential oils whilst pregnant.
How can aniseed anise essential oil be used for respiratory health?
Aniseed oil is a well-known expectorant and can be added to a diffuser for gentle relief from coughs, colds, or flu symptoms.
Our 100% Pure Aniseed Essential Oil has a warm, sweet scent with spicy notes that it is very similar to the smell of black liquorice. It is distilled from the seeds of the anise plant, native to Egypt.
Anise should not be confused with star anise – although similar in name and scent, the two are entirely separate plants.
You can learn more about aniseed essential oil and its history over on our blog.
Botanical Name: Pimpinella Anisum
- Aromatherapy: Combine 5-7 drops of the oil with water and add to an oil burner. Alternatively, place 5-7 drops in a diffuser.
- Massage: Dilute 5 drops to 10ml of carrier oil and massage into skin.
- Bath: Add 6-8 drops to warm bathwater.
- Skincare: Add a couple of drops to a carrier oil or your chosen lotion.
- Soap: Suitable for soapmaking. We recommend following a tested recipe.
- Candles: Suitable for candles. We recommend following a tested recipe.
- Potpourri: Add a few drops to potpourri creations to enhance scent.
- FOR EXTERNAL USE ONLY
- Do not apply undiluted to skin.
- Avoid use during pregnancy.
- Keep away from children.
- Store in a cool, dry place.
- Please perform a patch test before use.
- Keep away from eyes.
This natural product cannot be guaranteed free from traces of nuts or other allergens. Due to the nature of this product, there may be variances in colour and scent between batches. We are constantly improving our products and so, on occasion, the product you receive may differ slightly in appearance from images displayed on our website.
The above information is provided in good faith and the given benefits of this essential oil are obtained from characteristics with which it is commonly associated. This information is not based on facts and the benefits of the product may vary between individuals. If unsure, then we advise you to seek professional advice.
- Bottled in the UK.
- Aromatherapy Trade Council Member.
- 100% Pure Natural Essential Oils.
- Ethically Sourced and not tested on animals. Vegan friendly.
- Supplied in quality Amber Glass Bottle, Tamper Evident Lid & Dropper.
- Expiry Date & Batch Codes on labels.
Hobbyist or candle connoisseur? We offer high-quality essential and fragrance oils for businesses of all sizes. Sign up today to check out our business prices.
Free first class UK delivery on orders over £30 (1-3 business days).
Orders over £50 will be sent using DPD Express (1-3 business days).
We will send you tracking information after we have shipped your order. If you have any questions or concerns about your order please contact email@example.com