Sage Essential Oil
Known as ‘sage the saviour’, sage essential oil has a range of important benefits for the body that can help protect our health. A cleansing oil, it has strong antibacterial and antifungal properties and can be used to maintain a clean and hygienic home. Its antioxidant abilities allow it to inhibit the effects of toxins in the body, whilst its anti-inflammatory properties are said to decrease the risk of many health conditions. Sage essential oil can also be used cosmetically as a skin tonic thanks to its deeply cleansing, soothing properties.
Our 100% Pure Sage Essential Oil has a fresh, herbal scent with a slight peppery quality. Often confused with clary sage, the two oils come from the same family, but are extracted from entirely different herbs and have different benefits. This oil is extracted via steam distillation from the sage herb, native to the Mediterranean.
You can learn more about sage essential oil over on our blog.
Botanical Name: Salvia Officinalis
- Aromatherapy: Combine 5-7 drops of the oil with water and add to an oil burner. Alternatively, place 5-7 drops in a diffuser.
- Massage: Dilute 5 drops to 10ml of carrier oil and massage into skin.
- Bath: Add 6-8 drops to warm bathwater.
- Skincare: Add a couple of drops to a carrier oil or your chosen lotion.
- Soap: Suitable for soapmaking. We recommend following a tested recipe.
- Candles: Suitable for candles. We recommend following a tested recipe.
- Potpourri: Add a few drops to potpourri creations to enhance scent.
- FOR EXTERNAL USE ONLY
- Do not apply undiluted to skin.
- Avoid use during pregnancy.
- Keep away from children.
- Store in a cool, dry place.
- Please perform a patch test before use.
- Keep away from eyes.
This natural product cannot be guaranteed free from traces of nuts or other allergens. Due to the nature of this product, there may be variances in colour and scent between batches. We are constantly improving our products and so, on occasion, the product you receive may differ slightly in appearance from images displayed on our website.
The above information is provided in good faith and the given benefits of this essential oil are obtained from characteristics with which it is commonly associated. This information is not based on facts and the benefits of the product may vary between individuals. If unsure, then we advise you to seek professional advice.
- Bottled in the UK.
- Aromatherapy Trade Council Member.
- 100% Pure Natural Essential Oils.
- Ethically Sourced and not tested on animals. Vegan friendly.
- Supplied in quality Amber Glass Bottle, Tamper Evident Lid & Dropper.
- Expiry Date & Batch Codes on labels.
- MSDS / COA and GC available on request.