Nutmeg Essential Oil
- Pain relief
- Sleep Aid
Nutmeg essential oil has a wide range of applications, but its most common use is in treating muscle and joint pain.
A highly anti-inflammatory oil, nutmeg oil is known to help effectively relieve pain and reduce the accompanying swelling.
These anti-inflammatory properties can help protect organs from damage and guard against several inflammatory conditions. Nutmeg is also known to be a useful remedy for sleep.
You can learn more about nutmeg essential oil and its history over on our blog.
What are some common uses for nutmeg essential oil?
Common uses for nutmeg oil include inhalation through a diffuser, topical application, and use in candles.
Is this essential oil safe for use during pregnancy?
Use of nutmeg oil during pregnancy should be avoided in large amounts. Always consult with your doctor before using any essential oils whilst pregnant.
What is the recommended dilution ratio for topical use of nutmeg essential oil?
We recommend a dilution rate of 2% for this essential oil. Learn more about how to safely dilute essential oils.
Our 100% Pure Nutmeg Essential Oil has a nutty, spicy aroma with a warm woodiness to it. It is pale yellow in colour, and is extracted from the dried kernels of the Myristica fragrans tree, which is native to the Spice Islands of Indonesia.
Botanical Name: Myristica Fragrans
- Aromatherapy: Combine 5-7 drops of the oil with water and add to an oil burner. Alternatively, place 5-7 drops in a diffuser.
- Massage: Dilute 5 drops to 10ml of carrier oil and massage into skin.
- Bath: Add 6-8 drops to warm bathwater.
- Skincare: Add a couple of drops to a carrier oil or your chosen lotion.
- Soap: Suitable for soapmaking. We recommend following a tested recipe.
- Candles: Suitable for candles. We recommend following a tested recipe.
- Potpourri: Add a few drops to potpourri creations to enhance scent.
- FOR EXTERNAL USE ONLY
- Do not apply undiluted to skin.
- Avoid use during pregnancy.
- Keep away from children.
- Store in a cool, dry place.
- Please perform a patch test before use.
- Keep away from eyes.
This natural product cannot be guaranteed free from traces of nuts or other allergens. Due to the nature of this product, there may be variances in colour and scent between batches. We are constantly improving our products and so, on occasion, the product you receive may differ slightly in appearance from images displayed on our website.
The above information is provided in good faith and the given benefits of this essential oil are obtained from characteristics with which it is commonly associated. This information is not based on facts and the benefits of the product may vary between individuals. If unsure, then we advise you to seek professional advice.
- Bottled in the UK.
- Aromatherapy Trade Council Member.
- 100% Pure Natural Essential Oils.
- Ethically Sourced and not tested on animals. Vegan friendly.
- Supplied in quality Amber Glass Bottle, Tamper Evident Lid & Dropper.
- Expiry Date & Batch Codes on labels.
Hobbyist or candle connoisseur? We offer high-quality essential and fragrance oils for businesses of all sizes. Sign up today to check out our business prices.
Free first class UK delivery on orders over £30 (1-3 business days).
Orders over £50 will be sent using DPD Express (1-3 business days).
We will send you tracking information after we have shipped your order. If you have any questions or concerns about your order please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
- CMChristopher M.Verified BuyerI recommend this productRated 5 out of 5 stars3 months agoGood
- MTMatthew T.Verified BuyerI recommend this productRated 5 out of 5 stars5 months agoQuality Essential Oil
Quality essential oil, very pleased with the purchase!
- AGAshley G.Verified BuyerI recommend this productRated 5 out of 5 stars5 months agoVery strong, good quality
Very strong, concentrated oil.. Although learning not a lover of nutmeg oil..