Vetiver (Indian) Essential Oil
- Insect Repellent
- Enhances Focus
Often used to cool the air in tropical climates, vetiver essential oil is known to have soothing, clarifying effects.
Said to improve concentration and balance the mind, vetiver oil is often used as a study companion and can also act as an aphrodisiac.
Vetiver has strong antioxidant effects, protecting the body against the damaging effects of toxins. It is also used to repel termites and mosquitoes.
What are the benefits of using Vetiver essential oil?
Benefits of vetiver essential oil include boosting focus, balancing hormones, and encouraging stable breathing during sleep. Vetiver can also be used to repel pests.
Can Vetiver essential oil be used as a natural insect repellent?
Yes, vetiver oil is useful for repelling termites as well as ticks and mosquito larvae.
How is Vetiver essential oil extracted?
Vetiver oil is extracted via steam distillation from the perennial vetiver grass plant, native to tropical Asia.
Our 100% Pure Vetiver (Indian) Essential Oil has an earthy scent with notes of herbs and spices and an underlying smokiness.
This oil is extracted via steam distillation from the root of the vetiver plant, a perennial grass native to tropical Asia.
You can learn more about the benefits of vetiver essential oil and its history over on our blog.
Botanical Name: Vetiveria Zizanoides
- Aromatherapy: Combine 5-7 drops of the oil with water and add to an oil burner. Alternatively, place 5-7 drops in a diffuser.
- Massage: Dilute 5 drops to 10ml of carrier oil and massage into skin.
- Bath: Add 6-8 drops to warm bathwater.
- Skincare: Add a couple of drops to a carrier oil or your chosen lotion.
- Soap: Suitable for soapmaking. We recommend following a tested recipe.
- Candles: Suitable for candles. We recommend following a tested recipe.
- Potpourri: Add a few drops to potpourri creations to enhance scent.
- FOR EXTERNAL USE ONLY
- Do not apply undiluted to skin.
- Avoid use during pregnancy.
- Keep away from children.
- Store in a cool, dry place.
- Please perform a patch test before use.
- Keep away from eyes.
This natural product cannot be guaranteed free from traces of nuts or other allergens. Due to the nature of this product, there may be variances in colour and scent between batches. We are constantly improving our products and so, on occasion, the product you receive may differ slightly in appearance from images displayed on our website.
The above information is provided in good faith and the given benefits of this essential oil are obtained from characteristics with which it is commonly associated. This information is not based on facts and the benefits of the product may vary between individuals. If unsure, then we advise you to seek professional advice.
- Bottled in the UK.
- Aromatherapy Trade Council Member.
- 100% Pure Natural Essential Oils.
- Ethically Sourced and not tested on animals. Vegan friendly.
- Supplied in quality Amber Glass Bottle, Tamper Evident Lid & Dropper.
- Expiry Date & Batch Codes on labels.
Hobbyist or candle connoisseur? We offer high-quality essential and fragrance oils for businesses of all sizes. Sign up today to check out our business prices.
Free first class UK delivery on orders over £25 (1-3 business days).
Orders over £50 will be sent using DPD Express (1-3 business days).
We will send you tracking information after we have shipped your order. If you have any questions or concerns about your order please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
- BHBRIAN H.Verified BuyerI recommend this productRated 5 out of 5 stars5 days agoVetiver
- YPYEDA P.Verified BuyerI recommend this productRated 5 out of 5 stars2 weeks agoamazing price
Happy to try Nikura Oils, good price, good products!
- LDLinda D.Verified BuyerI recommend this productRated 5 out of 5 stars3 weeks agoVetiver
great quality oil at very a reasonble price
- TBTricia B.Verified BuyerI recommend this productRated 4 out of 5 stars1 month agoOK but very earthy
Very earthy scent, more so than I was expecting so probably wouldn't buy again. It's quite strong so will last me a while anyway.
- PHpatricia h.Verified BuyerI recommend this productRated 5 out of 5 stars5 months agoGreat oil
bought specifically for fibromyalgia and hits spot