Citronella Essential Oil
Citronella oil is more versatile than many people realise, historically known for its insect-repellent qualities.
Pure citronella oil is most famous as a mosquito repellent and can be incredibly effective at keeping pests away from your home.
The oil’s lesser-known properties are its strong cleaning abilities, which can be used in home cleaning sprays and natural shampoos to protect from dandruff.
Citronella oil is also an anti-inflammatory that can soothe sore muscles and relieve cramps as well as reduce anxiety and stress.
You can learn more about citronella essential oil over on our blog.
Botanical Name: Cymbopogon Nardus
What is citronella essential oil good for?
Citronella oil is most famous for its incredible mosquito repelling qualities. It’s also great for fighting bacteria, reducing stress, and managing muscle pain.
What's the best way to use citronella oil?
Citronella can be used to make homemade bug sprays as well as in diffusers to prevent insects from entering your home. It can also be combined with a carrier oil for use in a massage, or for application to the skin and hair.
What does citronella essential oil smell like?
Citronella essential oil has a tangy, citrusy aroma with overtones of grass and faintly crisp, floral notes.
What blends well with citronella essential oil?
Citronella blends very well with citrus oils like lemon and bergamot, as well as oils like lavender, clary sage, eucalyptus, and peppermint.
Our 100% Pure Citronella Essential Oil has a faintly yellow colour and a tangy, citrusy smell that arrests the senses and wakes up the mind.
This oil is extracted from the citronella grass plant found in Sri Lanka.
- Aromatherapy: Combine 5-7 drops of the oil with water and add to an oil burner. Alternatively, place 5-7 drops in a diffuser.
- Massage: Dilute 5 drops to 10ml of carrier oil and massage into skin.
- Bath: Add 6-8 drops to warm bathwater.
- Skincare: Add a couple of drops to a carrier oil or your chosen lotion.
- Soap: Suitable for soapmaking. We recommend following a tested recipe.
- Candles: Suitable for candles. We recommend following a tested recipe.
- Potpourri: Add a few drops to potpourri creations to enhance scent.
- FOR EXTERNAL USE ONLY
- Do not apply undiluted to skin.
- Avoid use during pregnancy.
- Keep away from children.
- Store in a cool, dry place.
- Please perform a patch test before use.
- Keep away from eyes.
This natural product cannot be guaranteed free from traces of nuts or other allergens. Due to the nature of this product, there may be variances in colour and scent between batches. We are constantly improving our products and so, on occasion, the product you receive may differ slightly in appearance from images displayed on our website.
The above information is provided in good faith and the given benefits of this essential oil are obtained from characteristics with which it is commonly associated. This information is not based on facts and the benefits of the product may vary between individuals. If unsure, then we advise you to seek professional advice.
- Bottled in the UK.
- Aromatherapy Trade Council Member.
- 100% Pure Natural Essential Oils.
- Ethically Sourced and not tested on animals. Vegan friendly.
- Supplied in quality Amber Glass Bottle, Tamper Evident Lid & Dropper.
- Expiry Date & Batch Codes on labels.