Bay Leaf Essential Oil
- Hair Growth
- Natural Aftershave
The scent of bay leaf oil is reminiscent of the famous bay rum aftershave, as this essential oil is a traditional ingredient.
Bay leaf essential oil is commonly used as a natural aftershave due to its warm, strong and long-lasting scent.
Bay leaf oil has many properties that benefit hair: it can boost circulation to the scalp and stimulate hair growth, it can act as a natural dandruff treatment, and it can deeply cleanse the scalp and leave hair cleaner and shinier.
The oil also acts as an astringent, tightening skin and inhibiting sebum production for a younger, less oily appearance.
Our 100% Pure Bay Leaf Essential Oil has a warm, herbaceous scent with smoky, spicy notes and just a hint of citrus, and is pale yellow to almost clear in colour. It is extracted via steam distillation from the leaves of the West Indies bay tree.
You can learn more about bay leaf essential oil over on our blog.
Botanical Name: Pimenta Racemosa
- Aromatherapy: Combine 5-7 drops of the oil with water and add to an oil burner. Alternatively, place 5-7 drops in a diffuser.
- Massage: Dilute 5 drops to 10ml of carrier oil and massage into skin.
- Bath: Add 6-8 drops to warm bathwater.
- Skincare: Add a couple of drops to a carrier oil or your chosen lotion.
- Soap: Suitable for soapmaking. We recommend following a tested recipe.
- Candles: Suitable for candles. We recommend following a tested recipe.
- Potpourri: Add a few drops to potpourri creations to enhance scent.
- FOR EXTERNAL USE ONLY
- Do not apply undiluted to skin.
- Avoid use during pregnancy.
- Keep away from children.
- Store in a cool, dry place.
- Please perform a patch test before use.
- Keep away from eyes.
This natural product cannot be guaranteed free from traces of nuts or other allergens. Due to the nature of this product, there may be variances in colour and scent between batches. We are constantly improving our products and so, on occasion, the product you receive may differ slightly in appearance from images displayed on our website.
The above information is provided in good faith and the given benefits of this essential oil are obtained from characteristics with which it is commonly associated. This information is not based on facts and the benefits of the product may vary between individuals. If unsure, then we advise you to seek professional advice.
- Bottled in the UK.
- Aromatherapy Trade Council Member.
- 100% Pure Natural Essential Oils.
- Ethically Sourced and not tested on animals. Vegan friendly.
- Supplied in quality Amber Glass Bottle, Tamper Evident Lid & Dropper.
- Expiry Date & Batch Codes on labels.
- MSDS / COA and GC available on request.