Insect Repellent - Pure Essential Oil Blend - Aromatherapy - 100% Natural
Generally, essential oils repel insects like ants, due to disrupting their pheromone trail. We have selected 4 of the best and most proven essential oils in repelling bugs and insects; Basil, Citronella, Clove Bud, and Lemongrass, to make this handmade blend. We recommend mixing this blend with a carrier oil like olive oil, or water, if making a surface bug spray, or simply popping it in an oil burner to deter flying pests from your room.
Basil (Ocimum Canum): Studies suggest Basil oil can serve as a substitute for some synthetic insecticides. This oil with a strong, fresh, and herby aroma has been tested and claims to have a repellent activity towards mosquitoes.
Citronella (Cymbopogon Nardus): A well known mosquito repellent, Citronella essential oil has a sharp citrus and lemongrass aroma. This essential oil has been claimed to be as effective as DEET, but as it evaporates quickly it is only effective for a shorter amount of time. Please use this oil with caution as it can cause skin irritation.
Clove Bud (Eugenia Caryophyllata): Alongside Citronella, studies suggest that Clove Bud essential oil had the best effectiveness at deterring mosquito bites. This oil has a strong, warm and spicy scent.
Lemongrass (Cymbopogon Flexuosus): This essential oil with a refreshingly strong and sweet aroma is also a well known and effective mosquito repellent. This oil is also effective against flies.
- Aromatherapy: Combine 5-7 drops of the oil with water and add to an oil burner. Alternatively, place 5-7 drops in a diffuser.
- Massage: Dilute 5 drops to 10ml of carrier oil and massage into skin.
- Bath: Add 6-8 drops to warm bathwater.
- Skincare: Add a couple of drops to a carrier oil or your chosen lotion.
- Soap: Suitable for soapmaking. We recommend following a tested recipe.
- Candles: Suitable for candles. We recommend following a tested recipe.
- Potpourri: Add a few drops to potpourri creations to enhance scent.
- FOR EXTERNAL USE EARLY
- Do not apply undiluted to skin.
- Avoid use during pregnancy.
- Keep away from children.
- Store in a cool, dry place.
- Please perform a patch test before use.
- Keep away from eyes.
This natural product cannot be guaranteed free from traces of nuts or other allergens. Due to the nature of this product, there may be variances in colour and scent between batches. We are constantly improving our products and so, on occasion, the product you receive may differ slightly in appearance from images displayed on our website.
The above information is provided in good faith and the given benefits of this essential oil are obtained from characteristics with which it is commonly associated. This information is not based on facts and the benefits of the product may vary between individuals. If unsure, then we advise you to seek professional advice.
- Proudly blended by hand and bottled in the UK.
- Aromatherapy Trade Council Member.
- 100% Pure Natural Essential Oils.
- Ethically Sourced and not tested on animals. Vegan friendly.
- Supplied in quality Amber Glass Bottle, Tamper Evident Lid & Dropper.
- Expiry Date & Batch Codes on labels.
- MSDS / COA and GC available on request.