Myrtle Essential Oil
- Skin Cleanser
- Oral Health
According to the myth, Myrtle was a favourite of the Greek goddess Venus. As such, the scent of myrtle is associated with lasting love.
Myrtle oil's traditional uses are very close to its modern ones. Ancient Romans used the herb to cleanse the skin, freshen breath, and disguise odours, all of which the oil is still used for today.
Myrtle essential oil can be incredibly beneficial for skin, getting rid of excess oil and clearing dead skin cells, as well as cleansing pores.
Many people use myrtle oil in oil-pulling to neutralise bad breath, and it also acts as a natural deodorant, thanks to its aromatic, antifungal properties.
You can learn more about myrtle essential oil and its history over on our blog.
What are the properties of myrtle essential oil?
Myrtle oil has many effective benefits including nourishing the skin, acting as an antibacterial, and functioning as a natural deodorant alternative.
What are the benefits of using myrtle essential oil in aromatherapy?
The refreshing scent of myrtle oil is ideal for clearing your airways. It can also leave your home with a welcoming, clean aroma.
Can myrtle essential oil be used in skincare?
Yes, one of myrtle oil’s most popular uses is in skincare. Once diluted, its antibacterial and astringent properties can help fight acne, clear clogged pores, and eliminate signs of ageing.
Our 100% Pure Myrtle Essential Oil has a fresh, herby aroma with sweet notes, and is yellowish-green in colour. It is extracted via steam distillation from the leaves and twigs of the myrtle tree.
Botanical Name: Myrtus Communis
- Aromatherapy: Combine 5-7 drops of the oil with water and add to an oil burner. Alternatively, place 5-7 drops in a diffuser.
- Massage: Dilute 5 drops to 10ml of carrier oil and massage into skin.
- Bath: Add 6-8 drops to warm bathwater.
- Skincare: Add a couple of drops to a carrier oil or your chosen lotion.
- Soap: Suitable for soapmaking. We recommend following a tested recipe.
- Candles: Suitable for candles. We recommend following a tested recipe.
- Potpourri: Add a few drops to potpourri creations to enhance scent.
- FOR EXTERNAL USE ONLY
- Do not apply undiluted to skin.
- Avoid use during pregnancy.
- Keep away from children.
- Store in a cool, dry place.
- Please perform a patch test before use.
- Keep away from eyes.
This natural product cannot be guaranteed free from traces of nuts or other allergens. Due to the nature of this product, there may be variances in colour and scent between batches. We are constantly improving our products and so, on occasion, the product you receive may differ slightly in appearance from images displayed on our website.
The above information is provided in good faith and the given benefits of this essential oil are obtained from characteristics with which it is commonly associated. This information is not based on facts and the benefits of the product may vary between individuals. If unsure, then we advise you to seek professional advice.
- Bottled in the UK.
- Aromatherapy Trade Council Member.
- 100% Pure Natural Essential Oils.
- Ethically Sourced and not tested on animals. Vegan friendly.
- Supplied in quality Amber Glass Bottle, Tamper Evident Lid & Dropper.
- Expiry Date & Batch Codes on labels.
Hobbyist or candle connoisseur? We offer high-quality essential and fragrance oils for businesses of all sizes. Sign up today to check out our business prices.
Free first class UK delivery on orders over £30 (1-3 business days).
Orders over £50 will be sent using DPD Express (1-3 business days).
We will send you tracking information after we have shipped your order. If you have any questions or concerns about your order please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
- LHLorraine H.Verified BuyerI recommend this productRated 5 out of 5 stars37 minutes agoWhat a find
I have been looking for Myrtle for such a long time. I'm over the moon with this 😊
- MKMohammed Khalid A.Verified BuyerI recommend this productRated 5 out of 5 stars5 months agoMyrtle Essential Oil
Great product and potent smell, works really well