Myrtle Essential Oil
- Skin Cleanser
- Oral Health
According to the myth, Myrtle was a favourite of the Greek goddess Venus. As such, the scent of myrtle is associated with lasting love.
Myrtle oil's traditional uses are very close to its modern ones. Ancient Romans used the herb to cleanse the skin, freshen breath, and disguise odours, all of which the oil is still used for today.
Myrtle essential oil can be incredibly beneficial for skin, getting rid of excess oil and clearing dead skin cells, as well as cleansing pores.
Many people use myrtle oil in oil-pulling to neutralise bad breath, and it also acts as a natural deodorant, thanks to its aromatic, antifungal properties.
Our 100% Pure Myrtle Essential Oil has a fresh, herby aroma with sweet notes, and is yellowish-green in colour. It is extracted via steam distillation from the leaves and twigs of the myrtle tree.
You can learn more about myrtle essential oil over on our blog.
Botanical Name: Myrtus Communis
- Aromatherapy: Combine 5-7 drops of the oil with water and add to an oil burner. Alternatively, place 5-7 drops in a diffuser.
- Massage: Dilute 5 drops to 10ml of carrier oil and massage into skin.
- Bath: Add 6-8 drops to warm bathwater.
- Skincare: Add a couple of drops to a carrier oil or your chosen lotion.
- Soap: Suitable for soapmaking. We recommend following a tested recipe.
- Candles: Suitable for candles. We recommend following a tested recipe.
- Potpourri: Add a few drops to potpourri creations to enhance scent.
- FOR EXTERNAL USE ONLY
- Do not apply undiluted to skin.
- Avoid use during pregnancy.
- Keep away from children.
- Store in a cool, dry place.
- Please perform a patch test before use.
- Keep away from eyes.
This natural product cannot be guaranteed free from traces of nuts or other allergens. Due to the nature of this product, there may be variances in colour and scent between batches. We are constantly improving our products and so, on occasion, the product you receive may differ slightly in appearance from images displayed on our website.
The above information is provided in good faith and the given benefits of this essential oil are obtained from characteristics with which it is commonly associated. This information is not based on facts and the benefits of the product may vary between individuals. If unsure, then we advise you to seek professional advice.
- Bottled in the UK.
- Aromatherapy Trade Council Member.
- 100% Pure Natural Essential Oils.
- Ethically Sourced and not tested on animals. Vegan friendly.
- Supplied in quality Amber Glass Bottle, Tamper Evident Lid & Dropper.
- Expiry Date & Batch Codes on labels.