Bug Repellent Essential Oil Blend - Aromatherapy - 100% Pure & Natural
If you're tired of insects invading your home, our Bug Repellent Essential Oil Blend acts as a great natural alternative to pesticides.
Citronella, lemongrass, lavender and peppermint are among the best oils for repelling insects, and each has individual pest-repellent properties that combine to keep your home clean and pest-free.
We recommended mixing this blend with a carrier oil or water to use as a homemade bug spray or adding a few drops to an oil burner to deter unwanted visitors.
A famous mosquito repellent, citronella oil is such an effective substitute for toxic insecticides that it is recognised as such by the U.S Environmental Protection Agency.
Its sharp, citrus scent is similar to that of lemongrass and is known to protect against disease-carrying insects in warmer countries.
Similar in scent to citronella, lemongrass is another citrusy scent that has proven very effective at deterring pests.
The high citral and geraniol content in the oil is said to make it repellent to flies and mosquitos.
Among the many benefits of lavender oil is its ability to keep insects out of the home - particularly moths.
Lavender 40/42 typically has a stronger, more consistent lavender scent than other lavender oils and so can hold its own in this blend against other powerful scents, ensuring that its benefits are felt.
Peppermint oil is known to be particularly effective in repelling spiders and preventing them from making their way indoors.
It is theorised that this is due to the monoterpenoids in the oil acting as fumigants.
- Aromatherapy: Combine 5-7 drops of the oil with water and add to an oil burner. Alternatively, place 5-7 drops in a diffuser.
- Massage: Dilute 5 drops to 10ml of carrier oil and massage into skin.
- Bath: Add 6-8 drops to warm bathwater.
- Skincare: Add a couple of drops to a carrier oil or your chosen lotion.
- Soap: Suitable for soapmaking. We recommend following a tested recipe.
- Candles: Suitable for candles. We recommend following a tested recipe.
- Potpourri: Add a few drops to potpourri creations to enhance scent.
- FOR EXTERNAL USE ONLY
- Do not apply undiluted to skin.
- Avoid use during pregnancy.
- Keep away from children.
- Store in a cool, dry place.
- Please perform a patch test before use.
- Keep away from eyes.
This natural product cannot be guaranteed free from traces of nuts or other allergens. Due to the nature of this product, there may be variances in colour and scent between batches. We are constantly improving our products and so, on occasion, the product you receive may differ slightly in appearance from images displayed on our website.
The above information is provided in good faith and the given benefits of this essential oil are obtained from characteristics with which it is commonly associated. This information is not based on facts and the benefits of the product may vary between individuals. If unsure, then we advise you to seek professional advice.
- Bottled in the UK.
- Aromatherapy Trade Council Member.
- 100% Pure Natural Essential Oils.
- Ethically Sourced and not tested on animals. Vegan friendly.
- Supplied in quality Amber Glass Bottle, Tamper Evident Lid & Dropper.
- Expiry Date & Batch Codes on labels.
- MSDS / COA and GC available on request.