Tangerine Essential Oil
- Fresh Aroma
- Sleep Aid
Often confused with its cousin mandarin, tangerine essential oil is generally considered to be the more potent of the two oils, despite both being derived from the same fruit.
A sedative oil, tangerine oil has calming properties that are often employed to help with stress, worry and sleep.
Tangerine oil's soothing properties also make it an effective muscle treatment, allowing it to decrease inflammation and pain around strained muscles.
Its antioxidant abilities can help reduce oxidative damage in the body and guard our overall health.
You can learn more about tangerine essential oil and its history over on our blog.
How is tangerine essential oil extracted from tangerines?
Tangerine oil is extracted from the cold-pressed peel of the tangerine fruit.
Can tangerine essential oil be used topically or internally?
Please note that tangerine oil may produce phototoxic effects when used on the skin during the day. Internal consumption of this oil is not recommended.
What are the potential benefits of using tangerine essential oil?
Tangerine oil has many benefits including aiding sleep, soothing inflammation, and reducing stress.
Our 100% Pure Tangerine Essential Oil has a tangy orange scent with sweet, fruity notes. It is pale yellow in colour and cold-pressed from the tangerine fruit's peel.
Botanical Name: Citrus Reticulata
- Aromatherapy: Combine 5-7 drops of the oil with water and add to an oil burner. Alternatively, place 5-7 drops in a diffuser.
- Massage: Dilute 5 drops to 10ml of carrier oil and massage into skin.
- Bath: Add 6-8 drops to warm bathwater.
- Skincare: Add a couple of drops to a carrier oil or your chosen lotion.
- Soap: Suitable for soapmaking. We recommend following a tested recipe.
- Candles: Suitable for candles. We recommend following a tested recipe.
- Potpourri: Add a few drops to potpourri creations to enhance scent.
- FOR EXTERNAL USE ONLY
- Do not apply undiluted to skin.
- Avoid use during pregnancy.
- Keep away from children.
- Store in a cool, dry place.
- Please perform a patch test before use.
- Keep away from eyes.
This natural product cannot be guaranteed free from traces of nuts or other allergens. Due to the nature of this product, there may be variances in colour and scent between batches. We are constantly improving our products and so, on occasion, the product you receive may differ slightly in appearance from images displayed on our website.
The above information is provided in good faith and the given benefits of this essential oil are obtained from characteristics with which it is commonly associated. This information is not based on facts and the benefits of the product may vary between individuals. If unsure, then we advise you to seek professional advice.
- Bottled in the UK.
- Aromatherapy Trade Council Member.
- 100% Pure Natural Essential Oils.
- Ethically Sourced and not tested on animals. Vegan friendly.
- Supplied in quality Amber Glass Bottle, Tamper Evident Lid & Dropper.
- Expiry Date & Batch Codes on labels.
Hobbyist or candle connoisseur? We offer high-quality essential and fragrance oils for businesses of all sizes. Sign up today to check out our business prices.
Free first class UK delivery on orders over £25 (1-3 business days).
Orders over £50 will be sent using DPD Express (1-3 business days).
We will send you tracking information after we have shipped your order. If you have any questions or concerns about your order please contact firstname.lastname@example.org