Lavandin Essential Oil
- Pain Relief
Lavandin essential oil is derived from a hybrid plant, formed by the cross-pollination of spike lavender and true lavender. It is also sometimes known as Grosso lavender.
Due to the cross-pollination, lavandin oil has a higher concentration of camphor than true lavender, which gives it more powerful decongestant properties. Lavandin oil is also more stimulating than the traditionally calming true lavender.
Lavandin essential oil shares true lavender’s powerful ability to help treat wounds, protect from harmful bacteria, and provide relief from pain, particularly menstrual cramps.
An incredibly multipurpose oil, lavandin has also been shown to lessen stress and worry.
Our 100% Pure Lavandin Oil is extracted via steam distillation from the flowers of the lavandin plant, which has much larger blooms than true lavender.
In scent, it is said to be a cross between camphorous spike lavender and sweet, herbal true lavender. This oil is a pale yellow to clear in colour.
You can learn more about lavandin and other strains of lavender essential oil over on our blog.
Botanical Name: Lavandula Hybrida
- Aromatherapy: Combine 5-7 drops of the oil with water and add to an oil burner. Alternatively, place 5-7 drops in a diffuser.
- Massage: Dilute 5 drops to 10ml of carrier oil and massage into skin.
- Bath: Add 6-8 drops to warm bathwater.
- Skincare: Add a couple of drops to a carrier oil or your chosen lotion.
- Soap: Suitable for soapmaking. We recommend following a tested recipe.
- Candles: Suitable for candles. We recommend following a tested recipe.
- Potpourri: Add a few drops to potpourri creations to enhance scent.
- FOR EXTERNAL USE ONLY
- Do not apply undiluted to skin.
- Avoid use during pregnancy.
- Keep away from children.
- Store in a cool, dry place.
- Please perform a patch test before use.
- Keep away from eyes.
This natural product cannot be guaranteed free from traces of nuts or other allergens. Due to the nature of this product, there may be variances in colour and scent between batches. We are constantly improving our products and so, on occasion, the product you receive may differ slightly in appearance from images displayed on our website.
The above information is provided in good faith and the given benefits of this essential oil are obtained from characteristics with which it is commonly associated. This information is not based on facts and the benefits of the product may vary between individuals. If unsure, then we advise you to seek professional advice.
- Bottled in the UK.
- Aromatherapy Trade Council Member.
- 100% Pure Natural Essential Oils.
- Ethically Sourced and not tested on animals. Vegan friendly.
- Supplied in quality Amber Glass Bottle, Tamper Evident Lid & Dropper.
- Expiry Date & Batch Codes on labels.
- MSDS / COA and GC available on request.