Basil (Linalool) Essential Oil
- INSECT REPELLENT
Once a staple of traditional Asian Indian medicine, basil essential oil is now best known for its culinary uses. However, this powerful oil still has many other benefits.
Basil oil has a calming scent, soothing to both the mind and the skin, and able to help clear up redness and irritation.
It was traditionally used to relieve gastric distress, and many people still find that rubbing diluted basil oil on the lower abdomen can help manage discomfort.
Its volatile oils and distinctive scent can also help to clear pests and leave your home clean and hygienic.
What is basil essential oil good for?
Basil is a highly versatile herb, known for its antimicrobial effects as well as its uplifting psychological benefits. It has also been shown to calm swelling, repel insects, and aid digestion.
What's the best way to use basil oil?
The balsamic notes of basil oil make an effective and unique pick as a home cleaning base. Combining it with your favourite carrier oil can also help to treat sore muscles and inflammation in the body.
What does basil essential oil smell like?
Akin to the aromas of pesto, our basil oil is crisp and herbaceous with warm sweet notes and a balsamic-woody undertone.
What blends well with basil essential oil?
Our 100% Pure Basil Essential Oil has a higher percentage of linalool and is a pale yellow to pale green in colour. Basil has a sweet-spicy, slightly green and fresh top note, a balsamic-woody undertone and a lasting sweetness.
You can learn more about basil essential oil over on our blog.
Botanical Name: Ocimum Canum
- Aromatherapy: Combine 5-7 drops of the oil with water and add to an oil burner. Alternatively, place 5-7 drops in a diffuser.
- Massage: Dilute 5 drops to 10ml of carrier oil and massage into skin.
- Bath: Add 6-8 drops to warm bathwater.
- Skincare: Add a couple of drops to a carrier oil or your chosen lotion.
- Soap: Suitable for soapmaking. We recommend following a tested recipe.
- Candles: Suitable for candles. We recommend following a tested recipe.
- Potpourri: Add a few drops to potpourri creations to enhance scent.
Ingredients: 100% Pure Basil Essential Oil
- FOR EXTERNAL USE ONLY
- Do not apply undiluted to skin.
- Avoid use during pregnancy.
- Keep away from children.
- Store in a cool, dry place.
- Please perform a patch test before use.
- Keep away from eyes.
This natural product cannot be guaranteed free from traces of nuts or other allergens. Due to the nature of this product, there may be variances in colour and scent between batches. We are constantly improving our products and so, on occasion, the product you receive may differ slightly in appearance from images displayed on our website.
The above information is provided in good faith and the given benefits of this essential oil are obtained from characteristics with which it is commonly associated. This information is not based on facts and the benefits of the product may vary between individuals. If unsure, then we advise you to seek professional advice.
- Bottled in the UK.
- Aromatherapy Trade Council Member.
- 100% Pure Natural Essential Oils.
- Ethically Sourced and not tested on animals. Vegan friendly.
- Supplied in quality Amber Glass Bottle, Tamper Evident Lid & Dropper.
- Expiry Date & Batch Codes on labels.
Hobbyist or candle connoisseur? We offer high-quality essential and fragrance oils for businesses of all sizes. Sign up today to check out our business prices.
Free first class UK delivery on orders over £25 (1-3 business days).
Orders over £50 will be sent using DPD Express (1-3 business days).
We will send you tracking information after we have shipped your order. If you have any questions or concerns about your order please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
You may also like
- CWClair W.Verified BuyerI recommend this productRated 5 out of 5 stars1 month agoSmell real good
I use the oil to relief blocked nose of my little girl and she loves the smell and enjoy the massage I do for her.
- JCJade C.Verified BuyerI recommend this productRated 5 out of 5 stars1 month agoGreat scent throw
love this oil - the scent throw is stunning
- PWPamela W.Verified BuyerI recommend this productRated 5 out of 5 stars5 months agoA really lovely oil
Again I put in with my mix for cleaning, works well with the lemon, gorgeous leaves everywhere smelling fresh
- JSJohn series e.Verified BuyerI recommend this productRated 5 out of 5 stars2 years agoExcellent
Love this product, smells amazing.