Basil Essential Oil
- REPELS INSECTS
Once a staple of traditional Asian Indian medicine, basil is now best known for its culinary uses. However, this powerful oil still has many other benefits. Basil has a calming scent, soothing to both the mind and the skin, and able to help clear up redness and irritation. It was traditionally used to relieve gastric distress, and many people still find that rubbing diluted basil oil on the lower abdomen can help manage discomfort. Its volatile oils and distinctive scent can also help to clear pests and leave your home clean and hygienic.
Our 100% Pure Basil Essential Oil has a fresh and herby scent with notes of anise or liquorice. It is light yellow in colour, and is extracted via steam distillation from the basil herb.
You can learn more about basil essential oil over on our blog.
Botanical Name: Ocimum Canum
- Aromatherapy: Combine 5-7 drops of the oil with water and add to an oil burner. Alternatively, place 5-7 drops in a diffuser.
- Massage: Dilute 5 drops to 10ml of carrier oil and massage into skin.
- Bath: Add 6-8 drops to warm bathwater.
- Skincare: Add a couple of drops to a carrier oil or your chosen lotion.
- Soap: Suitable for soapmaking. We recommend following a tested recipe.
- Candles: Suitable for candles. We recommend following a tested recipe.
- Potpourri: Add a few drops to potpourri creations to enhance scent.
- FOR EXTERNAL USE ONLY
- Do not apply undiluted to skin.
- Avoid use during pregnancy.
- Keep away from children.
- Store in a cool, dry place.
- Please perform a patch test before use.
- Keep away from eyes.
This natural product cannot be guaranteed free from traces of nuts or other allergens. Due to the nature of this product, there may be variances in colour and scent between batches. We are constantly improving our products and so, on occasion, the product you receive may differ slightly in appearance from images displayed on our website.
The above information is provided in good faith and the given benefits of this essential oil are obtained from characteristics with which it is commonly associated. This information is not based on facts and the benefits of the product may vary between individuals. If unsure, then we advise you to seek professional advice.
- Bottled in the UK.
- Aromatherapy Trade Council Member.
- 100% Pure Natural Essential Oils.
- Ethically Sourced and not tested on animals. Vegan friendly.
- Supplied in quality Amber Glass Bottle, Tamper Evident Lid & Dropper.
- Expiry Date & Batch Codes on labels.
- MSDS / COA and GC available on request.
You may also like