Amyris Essential Oil
- INSECT REPELLENT
- SKIN CLEANSER
- SLEEPING AID
Cleansing, relieving Amyris essential oil has lots of properties that promote health and hygiene.
This woody oil is a gentle skin cleanser, able to soften and soothe skin for an even texture and complexion.
Its antibacterial properties make it not only a great household cleaner, but also an effective cough and cold remedy. It can even keep our homes free from pests by repelling ticks and mosquitoes.
Our 100% Pure Amyris Essential Oil has a sweet, woody scent with subtle fruity notes and is golden brown in colour.
Often compared to sandalwood, Amyris is often used as a substitute for sandalwood in perfumery, although the two oils are distilled from different plants and have different benefits. This oil is distilled from the Amyris tree native to the Americas.
You can learn more about Amyris over on our blog.Botanical Name: Amyris Balsamifera
Amyris was mistaken for sandalwood until the late 1800s and wasn’t recognised as a different plant until the leaves were studied. It was traditionally used to clean wounds and treat infections. The high oil content in the wood means that it can easily catch fire, and so it was once used by farmers, traders and fishermen to light their way at night. This earned it the alternate names ‘candlewood’ or ‘torchwood’.
- Aromatherapy: Combine 5-7 drops of the oil with water and add to an oil burner. Alternatively, place 5-7 drops in a diffuser.
- Massage: Dilute 5 drops to 10ml of carrier oil and massage into skin.
- Bath: Add 6-8 drops to warm bathwater.
- Skincare: Add a couple of drops to a carrier oil or your chosen lotion.
- Soap: Suitable for soapmaking. We recommend following a tested recipe.
- Candles: Suitable for candles. We recommend following a tested recipe.
- Potpourri: Add a few drops to potpourri creations to enhance scent.
100% Pure Amyris Essential Oil
- FOR EXTERNAL USE ONLY
- Do not apply undiluted to skin.
- Avoid use during pregnancy.
- Keep away from children.
- Store in a cool, dry place.
- Please perform a patch test before use.
- Keep away from eyes.
This natural product cannot be guaranteed free from traces of nuts or other allergens. Due to the nature of this product, there may be variances in colour and scent between batches. We are constantly improving our products and so, on occasion, the product you receive may differ slightly in appearance from images displayed on our website.
The above information is provided in good faith and the given benefits of this essential oil are obtained from characteristics with which it is commonly associated. This information is not based on facts and the benefits of the product may vary between individuals. If unsure, then we advise you to seek professional advice.
- Bottled in the UK.
- Aromatherapy Trade Council Member.
- 100% Pure Natural Essential Oils.
- Ethically Sourced and not tested on animals. Vegan friendly.
- Supplied in quality Amber Glass Bottle, Tamper Evident Lid & Dropper.
- Expiry Date & Batch Codes on labels.