Petitgrain Essential Oil
Petitgrain is widely considered a joyful, positive oil. Used in perfumery and cosmetics for many years, its citrussy scent brings with it a boost in confidence, and has even been reported to improve performance in the workplace by lowering stress levels and increasing alertness. An antioxidant oil, petitgrain can help combat the effects of toxins in the body, and also has strong cleaning properties that make it a great natural cleaning agent.
Our 100% Pure Petitgrain Essential Oil has an orange scent with floral, woody notes. One of three essential oils to be extracted from the orange tree, it is often confused with orange and neroli essential oil. Where orange oil is extracted from the fruit and neroli from the blossom, petitgrain is steam distilled from the leaves and small twigs of the tree.
You can learn more about petitgrain essential oil over on our blog.
Botanical Name: Citrus Aurantium
- Aromatherapy: Combine 5-7 drops of the oil with water and add to an oil burner. Alternatively, place 5-7 drops in a diffuser.
- Massage: Dilute 5 drops to 10ml of carrier oil and massage into skin.
- Bath: Add 6-8 drops to warm bathwater.
- Skincare: Add a couple of drops to a carrier oil or your chosen lotion.
- Soap: Suitable for soapmaking. We recommend following a tested recipe.
- Candles: Suitable for candles. We recommend following a tested recipe.
- Potpourri: Add a few drops to potpourri creations to enhance scent.
- FOR EXTERNAL USE EARLY
- Do not apply undiluted to skin.
- Avoid use during pregnancy.
- Keep away from children.
- Store in a cool, dry place.
- Please perform a patch test before use.
- Keep away from eyes.
This natural product cannot be guaranteed free from traces of nuts or other allergens. Due to the nature of this product, there may be variances in colour and scent between batches. We are constantly improving our products and so, on occasion, the product you receive may differ slightly in appearance from images displayed on our website.
The above information is provided in good faith and the given benefits of this essential oil are obtained from characteristics with which it is commonly associated. This information is not based on facts and the benefits of the product may vary between individuals. If unsure, then we advise you to seek professional advice.
- Proudly blended by hand and bottled in the UK.
- Aromatherapy Trade Council Member.
- 100% Pure Natural Essential Oils.
- Ethically Sourced and not tested on animals. Vegan friendly.
- Supplied in quality Amber Glass Bottle, Tamper Evident Lid & Dropper.
- Expiry Date & Batch Codes on labels.
- MSDS / COA and GC available on request.