Oregano Essential Oil
A member of the mint family, oregano oil has been used in folk medicine for thousands of years. It has a strong, herbal smell that can be quite potent, and so is used less often for its scent and more for its powerful antibacterial effects. Oregano is an incredibly cleansing, healing oil, and is often used as a natural facewash thanks to its ability to battle bacteria and fungi. It is also an antioxidant, helping to prevent our internal organs from oxidative damage.
Our 100% Pure Oregano Essential Oil has a warm, herbaceous scent and is dark brown in colour. This oil is steam distilled from the leaves of the oregano plant, which is native to the Mediterranean and western Asia.
You can learn more about oregano essential oil over on our blog.
Botanical Name: Origanum Vulgare
- Aromatherapy: Combine 5-7 drops of the oil with water and add to an oil burner. Alternatively, place 5-7 drops in a diffuser.
- Massage: Dilute 5 drops to 10ml of carrier oil and massage into skin.
- Bath: Add 6-8 drops to warm bathwater.
- Skincare: Add a couple of drops to a carrier oil or your chosen lotion.
- Soap: Suitable for soapmaking. We recommend following a tested recipe.
- Candles: Suitable for candles. We recommend following a tested recipe.
- Potpourri: Add a few drops to potpourri creations to enhance scent.
- FOR EXTERNAL USE EARLY
- Do not apply undiluted to skin.
- Avoid use during pregnancy.
- Keep away from children.
- Store in a cool, dry place.
- Please perform a patch test before use.
- Keep away from eyes.
This natural product cannot be guaranteed free from traces of nuts or other allergens. Due to the nature of this product, there may be variances in colour and scent between batches. We are constantly improving our products and so, on occasion, the product you receive may differ slightly in appearance from images displayed on our website.
The above information is provided in good faith and the given benefits of this essential oil are obtained from characteristics with which it is commonly associated. This information is not based on facts and the benefits of the product may vary between individuals. If unsure, then we advise you to seek professional advice.
- Proudly blended by hand and bottled in the UK.
- Aromatherapy Trade Council Member.
- 100% Pure Natural Essential Oils.
- Ethically Sourced and not tested on animals. Vegan friendly.
- Supplied in quality Amber Glass Bottle, Tamper Evident Lid & Dropper.
- Expiry Date & Batch Codes on labels.
- MSDS / COA and GC available on request.