Melissa Essential Oil
Melissa essential oil is an uplifting, calming and mood-boosting oil used by Ancient Greeks and Romans over two thousand years ago for its reviving, revitalising effects.
These days, melissa oil is popular for its soothing, pain-relieving qualities and is still used for its powerful ability to lift low moods.
Melissa has anti-inflammatory effects and is often used to soothe sore muscles and clear up skin irritations.
Melissa oil is an antibacterial, and can help to prevent infections. It has even been known to combat strains of the herpes virus, and so may act as a useful home remedy for cold sores.
Our 100% Pure Melissa (Lemon Balm) Essential Oil has a rich, lemony scent with a pleasant brightness and is pale yellow in colour. It is extracted from the melissa herb native to Europe and Asia.
Pure (Absolute) Melissa oil is very expensive, and so this oil has been produced via a less expensive method.
You can learn more about melissa essential oil over on our blog.
Botanical Name: Melissa Officinalis
- Aromatherapy: Combine 5-7 drops of the oil with water and add to an oil burner. Alternatively, place 5-7 drops in a diffuser.
- Massage: Dilute 5 drops to 10ml of carrier oil and massage into skin.
- Bath: Add 6-8 drops to warm bathwater.
- Skincare: Add a couple of drops to a carrier oil or your chosen lotion.
- Soap: Suitable for soapmaking. We recommend following a tested recipe.
- Candles: Suitable for candles. We recommend following a tested recipe.
- Potpourri: Add a few drops to potpourri creations to enhance scent.
- FOR EXTERNAL USE ONLY
- Do not apply undiluted to skin.
- Avoid use during pregnancy.
- Keep away from children.
- Store in a cool, dry place.
- Please perform a patch test before use.
- Keep away from eyes.
This natural product cannot be guaranteed free from traces of nuts or other allergens. Due to the nature of this product, there may be variances in colour and scent between batches. We are constantly improving our products and so, on occasion, the product you receive may differ slightly in appearance from images displayed on our website.
The above information is provided in good faith and the given benefits of this essential oil are obtained from characteristics with which it is commonly associated. This information is not based on facts and the benefits of the product may vary between individuals. If unsure, then we advise you to seek professional advice.
- Bottled in the UK.
- Aromatherapy Trade Council Member.
- 100% Pure Natural Essential Oils.
- Ethically Sourced and not tested on animals. Vegan friendly.
- Supplied in quality Amber Glass Bottle, Tamper Evident Lid & Dropper.
- Expiry Date & Batch Codes on labels.
- MSDS / COA and GC available on request.