Rosewood Essential Oil
The sweet scent of rosewood only made its way into western culture in the last century or so, with the wood immediately coming to represent luxury and being overly coveted for furnishings and household items. However, in this rosewood boom, the medicinal benefits of its oil were completely overlooked. Rosewood was used in Amazonian systems of medicine for centuries and boasts incredible benefits for skin as well as powerful cleaning properties. The oil can be used to tackle both bacteria and fungi in the home, and its antioxidant abilities help it to guard our overall health.
Our 100% Pure Rosewood Essential Oil has a woody, earthy base under sweet floral notes. The oil is extracted via steam distillation from the rosewood tree, which is native to the Amazon as well as surrounding areas.
You can learn more about rosewood essential oil over on our blog.
Botanical Name: Aniba Rosaeodora
- Aromatherapy: Combine 5-7 drops of the oil with water and add to an oil burner. Alternatively, place 5-7 drops in a diffuser.
- Massage: Dilute 5 drops to 10ml of carrier oil and massage into skin.
- Bath: Add 6-8 drops to warm bathwater.
- Skincare: Add a couple of drops to a carrier oil or your chosen lotion.
- Soap: Suitable for soapmaking. We recommend following a tested recipe.
- Candles: Suitable for candles. We recommend following a tested recipe.
- Potpourri: Add a few drops to potpourri creations to enhance scent.
- FOR EXTERNAL USE EARLY
- Do not apply undiluted to skin.
- Avoid use during pregnancy.
- Keep away from children.
- Store in a cool, dry place.
- Please perform a patch test before use.
- Keep away from eyes.
This natural product cannot be guaranteed free from traces of nuts or other allergens. Due to the nature of this product, there may be variances in colour and scent between batches. We are constantly improving our products and so, on occasion, the product you receive may differ slightly in appearance from images displayed on our website.
The above information is provided in good faith and the given benefits of this essential oil are obtained from characteristics with which it is commonly associated. This information is not based on facts and the benefits of the product may vary between individuals. If unsure, then we advise you to seek professional advice.
- Proudly blended by hand and bottled in the UK.
- Aromatherapy Trade Council Member.
- 100% Pure Natural Essential Oils.
- Ethically Sourced and not tested on animals. Vegan friendly.
- Supplied in quality Amber Glass Bottle, Tamper Evident Lid & Dropper.
- Expiry Date & Batch Codes on labels.
- MSDS / COA and GC available on request.