May Chang (Litsea Cubeba) Essential Oil
Used in traditional Chinese medicine for centuries, may chang is a comparative newcomer to modern aromatherapy, only being distilled into oil in the last century. Also known as litsea cubeba, this soothing oil is often used for its hygienic properties – not just in home cleaning, but also in skincare. With antibacterial and antifungal effects, may chang oil makes a valuable addition both to home cleaning sprays and to natural face washes. It is said to soothe stress and promote easy sleep and has even been shown to be beneficial for the heart.
Our 100% Pure May Chang (Litsea Cubeba) Essential Oil has a sweet, faintly lemony scent and is pale yellow in colour. This oil is extracted via steam distillation from the root and stem of the may chang plant which is native to Southern Asia.
You can learn more about may chang essential oil over on our blog.
Botanical Name: Litsea Cubeba
- Aromatherapy: Combine 5-7 drops of the oil with water and add to an oil burner. Alternatively, place 5-7 drops in a diffuser.
- Massage: Dilute 5 drops to 10ml of carrier oil and massage into skin.
- Bath: Add 6-8 drops to warm bathwater.
- Skincare: Add a couple of drops to a carrier oil or your chosen lotion.
- Soap: Suitable for soapmaking. We recommend following a tested recipe.
- Candles: Suitable for candles. We recommend following a tested recipe.
- Potpourri: Add a few drops to potpourri creations to enhance scent.
- FOR EXTERNAL USE ONLY
- Do not apply undiluted to skin.
- Avoid use during pregnancy.
- Keep away from children.
- Store in a cool, dry place.
- Please perform a patch test before use.
- Keep away from eyes.
This natural product cannot be guaranteed free from traces of nuts or other allergens. Due to the nature of this product, there may be variances in colour and scent between batches. We are constantly improving our products and so, on occasion, the product you receive may differ slightly in appearance from images displayed on our website.
The above information is provided in good faith and the given benefits of this essential oil are obtained from characteristics with which it is commonly associated. This information is not based on facts and the benefits of the product may vary between individuals. If unsure, then we advise you to seek professional advice.
- Bottled in the UK.
- Aromatherapy Trade Council Member.
- 100% Pure Natural Essential Oils.
- Ethically Sourced and not tested on animals. Vegan friendly.
- Supplied in quality Amber Glass Bottle, Tamper Evident Lid & Dropper.
- Expiry Date & Batch Codes on labels.
- MSDS / COA and GC available on request.