Benzoin Essential Oil
- BOOSTS CIRCULATION
Benzoin essential oil is a warming remedy, traditionally used in eastern medicine.
A natural decongestant, benzoin oil can help open up airways and allow easier breathing in the face of cold and flu symptoms.
Benzoin's aromatic properties allow it to mask unpleasant odours, whilst its stimulating, circulation-boosting abilities help keep us warm in colder months.
You can learn more about benzoin essential oil and its history over on our blog.
What is the aroma of benzoin essential oil?
Benzoin oil has a sweet, honey-like aroma that is often compared to treacle.
What are the traditional uses of benzoin essential oil?
Traditionally, benzoin oil was used to help scent incense for religious ceremonies. It was also popularised as a perfume worn by Queen Elizabeth I.
Is benzoin essential oil safe for topical use?
Once diluted with a carrier oil, benzoin oil is safe for use on the skin. We recommend performing a patch test before use.
Our 100% Pure Benzoin Essential Oil has a rich, honey-like smell that gives it an air of indulgence and expensiveness.
This oil is brown in colour and is extracted from the benzoin tree resin, native to Thailand. Almost treacle-like in consistency, benzoin has to be heated before use to get the oil flowing freely.
Botanical Name: Styrax Benzoe
- Aromatherapy: Combine 5-7 drops of the oil with water and add to an oil burner. Alternatively, place 5-7 drops in a diffuser.
- Massage: Dilute 5 drops to 10ml of carrier oil and massage into skin.
- Bath: Add 6-8 drops to warm bathwater.
- Skincare: Add a couple of drops to a carrier oil or your chosen lotion.
- Soap: Suitable for soapmaking. We recommend following a tested recipe.
- Candles: Suitable for candles. We recommend following a tested recipe.
- Potpourri: Add a few drops to potpourri creations to enhance scent.
- FOR EXTERNAL USE ONLY
- Do not apply undiluted to skin.
- Avoid use during pregnancy.
- Keep away from children.
- Store in a cool, dry place.
- Please perform a patch test before use.
- Keep away from eyes.
This natural product cannot be guaranteed free from traces of nuts or other allergens. Due to the nature of this product, there may be variances in colour and scent between batches. We are constantly improving our products and so, on occasion, the product you receive may differ slightly in appearance from images displayed on our website.
The above information is provided in good faith and the given benefits of this essential oil are obtained from characteristics with which it is commonly associated. This information is not based on facts and the benefits of the product may vary between individuals. If unsure, then we advise you to seek professional advice.
- Bottled in the UK.
- Aromatherapy Trade Council Member.
- 100% Pure Natural Essential Oils.
- Ethically Sourced and not tested on animals. Vegan friendly.
- Supplied in quality Amber Glass Bottle, Tamper Evident Lid & Dropper.
- Expiry Date & Batch Codes on labels.
Hobbyist or candle connoisseur? We offer high-quality essential and fragrance oils for businesses of all sizes. Sign up today to check out our business prices.
Free first class UK delivery on orders over £25 (1-3 business days).
Orders over £50 will be sent using DPD Express (1-3 business days).
We will send you tracking information after we have shipped your order. If you have any questions or concerns about your order please contact email@example.com
- VBVanessa B.Verified BuyerI recommend this productRated 5 out of 5 stars5 months agoGreat
Really helpful for my muscle pain