Benzoin Essential Oil
Warming benzoin has been used in traditional eastern medicine for thousands of years and to this day, is valued for many of the same properties as it was all those years ago. A natural decongestant, benzoin can open up airways and allow easier breathing in the face of cold and flu symptoms. Its aromatic properties allow it mask unpleasant odours, whilst its stimulating, circulation-boosting abilities keep us warm in colder months.
Our 100% Pure Benzoin Essential Oil has a rich, honey-like smell that gives it an air of indulgence and expensiveness. This oil is brown in colour and is extracted from the benzoin tree resin, native to Thailand. Almost treacle-like in consistency, benzoin has to be heated before use to get the oil flowing freely.
You can learn more about benzoin essential oil over on our blog.
Botanical Name: Styrax Benzoe
- Aromatherapy: Combine 5-7 drops of the oil with water and add to an oil burner. Alternatively, place 5-7 drops in a diffuser.
- Massage: Dilute 5 drops to 10ml of carrier oil and massage into skin.
- Bath: Add 6-8 drops to warm bathwater.
- Skincare: Add a couple of drops to a carrier oil or your chosen lotion.
- Soap: Suitable for soapmaking. We recommend following a tested recipe.
- Candles: Suitable for candles. We recommend following a tested recipe.
- Potpourri: Add a few drops to potpourri creations to enhance scent.
- FOR EXTERNAL USE ONLY
- Do not apply undiluted to skin.
- Avoid use during pregnancy.
- Keep away from children.
- Store in a cool, dry place.
- Please perform a patch test before use.
- Keep away from eyes.
This natural product cannot be guaranteed free from traces of nuts or other allergens. Due to the nature of this product, there may be variances in colour and scent between batches. We are constantly improving our products and so, on occasion, the product you receive may differ slightly in appearance from images displayed on our website.
The above information is provided in good faith and the given benefits of this essential oil are obtained from characteristics with which it is commonly associated. This information is not based on facts and the benefits of the product may vary between individuals. If unsure, then we advise you to seek professional advice.
- Bottled in the UK.
- Aromatherapy Trade Council Member.
- 100% Pure Natural Essential Oils.
- Ethically Sourced and not tested on animals. Vegan friendly.
- Supplied in quality Amber Glass Bottle, Tamper Evident Lid & Dropper.
- Expiry Date & Batch Codes on labels.
- MSDS / COA and GC available on request.