Whether you’re working from home or in the office, sometimes the day can drag.
When that happens, it’s nice to have some tricks up your sleeve to get it back on track.
Perfect for placing on your own desk or handing out to colleagues, these candles are designed to promote creativity and give your productivity a boost.
- 160g soy wax flakes (or twice the capacity of your container)
- Cinnamon (Bark) Essential Oil: 14 drops
- Sweet Orange Essential Oil: 14 drops
- Peppermint (Piperita) Essential Oil: 3 drops
- Sage Essential Oil: 3 drops
This is a very rough guide, as these quantities should vary dependent on the size of candle that you plan to make and the blend that smells best to you.
We would recommend adding between 30-35 drops of essential oil in total, so if you decide to adjust the amount of an oil – or remove it altogether – then make sure you account for it in your other measurements.
If you'd prefer to use a more reliable blend that has already been created, you could also try adding 30-35 drops of our Creativity Essential Oil Blend, which combines these four oils.
Whatever you decide, remember that it is only through practice and experimentation that you'll find the oils and quantities that smell best to you.
However, if you roughly follow these guidelines then you should see good results.
You will also need:
- Candle wicks
- Glue dots
- Add a glue dot to the underside of the metal circle at the end of your candle wick, then press that circle to the bottom of your candle container. Hold for a few seconds to make sure that it is stuck down neatly.
- Measure out the amount of wax you will need by filling your candle container as high as you would like it, and then repeating the process. The wax will halve in volume when melted, so you will need enough wax flakes to fill your container twice.
- Place a pan of simmering water over the stove. Pour your soy wax into a glass bowl, and then place it in the pan. Let the wax melt before removing it from the stove.
- Set aside the wax to cool for a minute or so, but ensure that in this time it remains in a liquid state.
- Add your oils and mix them into the wax.
- Carefully pour the wax mixture into your chosen container. Ensure that the wick stands straight and remains upright as you do this.
- Let the candles set for 24 hours, ensuring the wick stands straight for the entire time.
- Snip the wick to the length you want, and light to enjoy!
Shop our Creativity Essential Oil Blend here.